Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Redundant....same old, same old

So today I was presented a product, it was a good product and I think it would sell. Only problem I have is that, we have some of the most creative minds working at the card companies. Yet all we get is the same thing over and over. Just dressed up a little different each time. Its almost crazy how much this industry hasn't changed!!! I know I just wrote that...as crazy as it sounds. So this is what I see day in and day out.

Game used cards...used since 1997
Certified Autographs...used since 1990
Parallels...used since 1992

There are numerous other things that I can put in here, there are also a few other things that I could put that have just happened recently. Unfortunately I dont see them being huge innovations to the trading card market. I wish someone would come up with an idea that I put in my blog 10 years from now....saying this has been done since 2009!!!! Unfortunately I dont see that yet. I want to get back to the innovations of the early 90's.

So back to the product presented today...lets use the Chicago Cubs as an example. So I am selling a Chicago Cubs Mug it does well, so now I make a Chicago Bears Mug, it sells well so I make a Chicago Blackhawks Mug. NOTICE A THEME HERE???? Its always a mug! that is what has happened to trading cards.

When will a manufacturer start using the creativity and make something different each time?

2 comments:

  1. If you have autographs and game jerseys, you can't afford technology as well. Would you agree to buy 500 blaster cases of any product without autographs or jersey cards? I doubt it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I came across your site and wasn’t able to get an email address to contact you. Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. We are happy to offer you a 10% discount to our Online Store if you do so. Please email me back and I would be happy to give you our link.

    Thanks!

    Frank
    frank641w@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete