Well after a lot of action on the blasters...everyone has the same concern I do. We want the $9.99 box to stay. From a manufacturer point of view this price point is very difficult because of the cost to not only produce the packs but to actually pack it out. I agree with Steve (thesportscardfile.com) in that I can not believe someone has not figured out how to pack these out better and cheaper. We demand at least 20% extra value in the blasters so that would be $2 in value all ready that the manufacturer is losing out on. Throw in packaging and pack out...its a loss (a loss leader in my opinion though!)
So here are some questions:
1. If its just one big pack doesn't that take all the fun out of the busting packs. I am a total pack guy, I love to rip open packs, lots of packs! If its just one big wrapped up bulk cards then I view that as one pack.
2. Make the $9.99 unique (more on this once a certain items have hit shelves).
3. If the price point moved to 11.99 or 12.99 would that still deter people from buying. We have tried the $14.99 price point in blasters with not much success. Please understand that a vast majority of the Mass consumer is an uneducated hobby customer (usually Mom) and no that is not a stereotype it is a fact. I will branch this blog into Trading Card Games also (Pokemon, YuGiOh, etc) That should be fun!!!!!!
4. If there was a unique subset to the $9.99 blaster would that be enough to over take the 20% added value?
5. Are you disappointed when you get packs inside a blaster that are different than the packs for sale out of the foil box? Example $1.99 foil pack for sale has 12 cards...Blasters have 8 cards per pack.
6. What do you want to see in a $9.99 blaster besides a $10 dollar bill ya all?
I appreciate every ones great comments and encouragement on this blog. I apologize once again I am not the best writer, I am a numbers guy. So bear with me, I will not be posting over the weekends most of the time. I have a wonderful family that I need to attend too also!